You can listen to the full podcast episode here:
Since we are in the month that is dedicated to celebrating love, let’s chat about relationships. You may be someone who has had yours strained over the past year. Close your eyes and think about a relationship that you’d like to improve. Who would you have to be in order for that vision to become a reality? I recently asked my clients what they attributed to improving their most important relationships. A common answer was that when they took better care of themselves, they were better for others. Sometimes in order to gain resiliency in your relationships, you have to be a bit selfish.
Self-care and self-awareness are the foundation to filling your cup, and in turn, offering your best-self to others. I am living proof of this. But what about when we are triggered in our relationships? How do we overcome the challenges, judgements, and disagreements that arise with those who we love? Today I’m going to offer you my Relationship Issues Clearing Model that I designed and have refined over my 20+ years of relationship with my husband. These tips will help you to be intentional about how you approach tough conversations and address these situations peacefully rather than reacting impulsively.
In this episode, I share:
- Tips for improving your emotional and relational health that can be done in just a few minutes a day
- Steps to take to become resilient and show up as your best self for those that you love immediately
- How to respond after being triggered without doing permanent damage to your relationship
- How to effectively shift your attention and message from what’s going wrong with your significant other to what’s going right
- The practice of moving your brain waves into a disengaged and relaxed state before bed to enhance your sleep
Join the waitlist for the Bold Leader Life School here. You’ll receive the first access to details when they are released!
- Check out last week’s episode, It’s Time To Rethink How We Approach Productivity
- Learn more about the Playing Full Out Revolution.
- Connect with Rita on Instagram @rita_hyland_coaching
Subscribe on Apple Podcasts for more tips, tools, and inspiration to leading the optimal vision of your life, love, and leadership. Remember, a half version of you is not enough. The world needs the fullest version of you at play.
About Rita Hyland
With over 20 years of experience as an executive and leadership coach, Rita helps leaders — emerging and established — excel in corporate and entrepreneurial environments.
Rita believes if leaders were more clear about how transformation really works and more intentional about creating what they want, their impact, success, and influence in the world would be unstoppable.
Through her coaching programs, private coaching, and masterminds, Rita shows leaders how to win consistently and create the impact and legacy they desire.
Central to Rita’s work is the understanding that you will never outperform your current programming, no matter how strong your willpower.
When you learn to use Rita’s proprietary Neuroleadership Growth Code, a technology which uses the best of neuroscience and transformational psychology to hit the brain’s buttons for change, YOU become both the solution and the strategy.
Her mission is to end talented, hard-working, and self-aware leaders spending another day stuck in self-doubt or confusion and not contributing their brilliant work and talent the world so desperately needs.