Listen to the full podcast episode to hear the five mistakes the overwhelmed make:
There’s something rare that only 2% of the world has. That is a written personal vision or a painted picture of your ideal future. Many overwhelmed and hurried leaders attempt to accomplish this, but they end up missing the mark. They take shortcuts that ultimately take away from the real value of this exercise.
Taking the time to get crystal clear on your personal vision is imperative for talented leaders like you. Maybe you have climbed the ladder of success, but you still aren’t quite where you want to be. You don’t quite feel like the person that you’ve always wanted to become. You are not alone. Since the start of the pandemic, the rising workloads, and blurred boundaries have made the need for clarity of purpose and identity necessary, now more than ever.
So, the need for change and for identifying your ideal future is there. But too often, the question of what do you want is answered with I don’t know. You may know what you don’t want. You don’t want to work 24/7 and miss out on time with your family. You don’t want to continue putting yourself last. You don’t want to continue feeling like you just need to make it through the day. However, maybe sitting down and writing out details of what you do want for this next phase of life seems daunting. Maybe it even feels like just another demand that you don’t have time for.
Solidifying this vision for yourself may even feel stressful because you don’t want to identify it and then not reach it or, worse, end up realizing that your goals are taking a different direction entirely. Here comes the good news. Getting your vision down is more important than getting it right. The fun part of a vision is understanding that it is editable at all times.
Today, I’m going to simplify this process of identifying your vision. I’m going to provide you with a way to get clear of your ideal future and get your vision down even if you’ve failed to do so in the past. This jumpstart will fuel you to rise above the noise and aspire to what it is you truly desire and be the person you are here to become.
In this episode I share:
- Why an aspirational vision is so important on a personal and scientific basis
- An exercise to help you get clear on an ideal future and get your vision down, even if you’ve failed to do so in the past
- 5 common mistakes that will make identifying your personal and professional vision extremely difficult, and how to avoid them
- How to move from reasonable thinking to magical thinking in order to build the life and work you truly want
- The 3 simple questions guarantee you capture a picture of your ideal future without the second-guessing
- Tune into the previous episode, Five Strategies To Position You For A Breakthrough
- Four Steps To Complete Your Year Before You Plan Your Next
- Designing Your Life’s Plot Twist: Where To Start
- If you’d like to be notified of when new podcast episodes are released, you can do so here: Playing Full Out
- Learn more about the Inside Out Method
- Connect with Rita on LinkedIn.
Subscribe on Apple Podcasts for more tips, tools, and inspiration to leading the optimal vision of your life, love, and leadership. Remember, a half version of you is not enough. The world needs the fullest version of you at play.
About Rita Hyland
With over 20 years of experience as an executive and leadership coach, Rita helps leaders — emerging and established — excel in corporate and entrepreneurial environments.
Rita believes if leaders were more clear about how transformation really works and more intentional about creating what they want, their impact, success, and influence in the world would be unstoppable.
Through her coaching programs, private coaching, and masterminds, Rita shows leaders how to win consistently and create the impact and legacy they desire.
Central to Rita’s work is the understanding that you will never outperform your current programming, no matter how strong your willpower.
When you learn to use Rita’s proprietary Neuroleadership Growth Code, a technology which uses the best of neuroscience and transformational psychology to hit the brain’s buttons for change, YOU become both the solution and the strategy.
Her mission is to end talented, hard-working, and self-aware leaders spending another day stuck in self-doubt or confusion and not contributing their brilliant work and talent the world so desperately needs.