You can listen to the full podcast episode here:
We all have moments that have changed our life in one way or another. When I look back on some of these moments for myself, these changes have occurred for one reason. It has been due to my willingness to rethink the way I was thinking rather than hanging onto previous beliefs simply because that was what was comfortable. If you’re like most, when you look back at your life, I bet you’d see that the most significant moments came from thinking about things differently. So today I want to challenge you to think about how you are looking at situations and assumptions in your life.
This episode is your invitation to challenge and let go of assumptions and opinions that are no longer serving you well, causing you to stagnate or struggle. Challenge what you believe is fact, even when it is uncomfortable to do so. To learn and grow, our perspectives must evolve as well. One cannot be without the other. Master the art of rethinking your assumptions and you will position yourself for years of success and happiness to come.
In this episode I share:
- Stories of how shifting your thinking can pay off and even save your life
- The first time I learned that it was possible to unlearn what you previously thought was true
- The significant benefits of unlearning things in order to reinvent yourself
- Looking at when we need to rethink and how to do it
- Practical and actionable steps to rethink your assumptions quicker
Join the waitlist for the Bold Leader Life School here. You’ll receive first access to details when they are released!
- Think Again: The Power of Knowing What You Don’t Know, Adam Grant
- Tune into episode 61: Candid Conflict Conversation Made Easy
- Get on the Bold Leader Life School waitlist here.
- Learn more about the Playing Full Out Revolution.
- Connect with Rita on Instagram @rita_hyland_coaching
- Connect with Rita on LinkedIn
Subscribe on Apple Podcasts for more tips, tools, and inspiration to leading the optimal vision of your life, love, and leadership. Remember, a half version of you is not enough. The world needs the fullest version of you at play.
About Rita Hyland
With over 20 years of experience as an executive and leadership coach, Rita helps leaders — emerging and established — excel in corporate and entrepreneurial environments.
Rita believes if leaders were more clear about how transformation really works and more intentional about creating what they want, their impact, success, and influence in the world would be unstoppable.
Through her coaching programs, private coaching, and masterminds, Rita shows leaders how to win consistently and create the impact and legacy they desire.
Central to Rita’s work is the understanding that you will never outperform your current programming, no matter how strong your willpower.
When you learn to use Rita’s proprietary Neuroleadership Growth Code, a technology which uses the best of neuroscience and transformational psychology to hit the brain’s buttons for change, YOU become both the solution and the strategy.
Her mission is to end talented, hard-working, and self-aware leaders spending another day stuck in self-doubt or confusion and not contributing their brilliant work and talent the world so desperately needs.