You can listen to the full podcast episode here:
There is one massive area in which I see even the most successful leaders fall short. It is a skill that we will always need no matter what line of work we’re in. The skill I am referring to is problem solving. How we approach solving problems is key in determining our reality both at work and home. Mastering problem solving is so important, yet most of us are doing it all wrong. When setting out to face a challenge, the majority of people are addressing a problem that isn’t actually the problem at all.
It is time to end the traditional ways we have been taught to solve a problem. The process begins with having the ability to accurately identify the problem and get to the root of the matter – the nitty gritty. It requires you to challenge your assumptions, rethink stories you tell yourself, and come to a clear resolution. Learning how to do this will allow you to put an end to any draining situations you previously thought were a struggle or impossible to solve.
In this episode I share:
- My four-part problem solving framework that will help you take on any challenge you are facing
- An easy way you can revisit roadblocks from a different perspective
- A life-changing secret that will make a significant impact in how you view your external circumstances
- The power of identifying the stories you tell yourself
- Why you must begin to distinguish facts from assumptions
Join the waitlist for the Bold Leader Life School here. You’ll receive first access to details when they are released!
- Think Again: The Power of Knowing What You Don’t Know, Adam Grant
- Tune into the previous episode, Change Your Relationship With Time And Break Free Of The Pressured Pace
- Learn more about the Playing Full Out Revolution.
- Connect with Rita on LinkedIn
Subscribe on Apple Podcasts for more tips, tools, and inspiration to leading the optimal vision of your life, love, and leadership. Remember, a half version of you is not enough. The world needs the fullest version of you at play.
About Rita Hyland
With over 20 years of experience as an executive and leadership coach, Rita helps leaders — emerging and established — excel in corporate and entrepreneurial environments.
Rita believes if leaders were more clear about how transformation really works and more intentional about creating what they want, their impact, success, and influence in the world would be unstoppable.
Through her coaching programs, private coaching, and masterminds, Rita shows leaders how to win consistently and create the impact and legacy they desire.
Central to Rita’s work is the understanding that you will never outperform your current programming, no matter how strong your willpower.
When you learn to use Rita’s proprietary Neuroleadership Growth Code, a technology which uses the best of neuroscience and transformational psychology to hit the brain’s buttons for change, YOU become both the solution and the strategy.
Her mission is to end talented, hard-working, and self-aware leaders spending another day stuck in self-doubt or confusion and not contributing their brilliant work and talent the world so desperately needs.