You can listen to the full podcast episode here:
Picture this – it’s the day of your funeral and all the important people in your life are gathered to pay their respects. What is it that they will say about you? What is the legacy that you have left behind to be remembered for? What impact did you make on the world and those around you? If this feels morbid, or makes you a bit uncomfortable, I get it. Hear me out though.
Research shows that people actually feel better in the face of death if they are a part of something that will live on after them. Ultimately, your legacy is all you’ve got! It may be something we don’t often consider, but your legacy comes before your vision and your goals. Determining what it is that you want yours to be is the foundation that will lead your life decisions. To put it bluntly, we all are going to die one day. What will you leave behind when you go? You have the power to choose.
In this episode I share:
- Ways to begin thinking about building your legacy
- How to identify your legacy in a practical and actionable way
- Why leaving a legacy is one of the most powerful things you can do
- Questions to ask yourself when building your desired legacy
- How joy comes into play when thinking about what you want to leave behind
Join the waitlist for the Bold Leader Life School here. You’ll receive first access to details when they are released!
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, Stephen Covey
- Tune into the previous episode, Rethink And Unlearn Faster So You Can Reinvent
- If you’d like to be notified of when new podcast episodes are released, you can do so here: Playing Full Out
- Learn more about the Inside Out Method
- Connect with Rita on LinkedIn
Subscribe on Apple Podcasts for more tips, tools, and inspiration to leading the optimal vision of your life, love, and leadership. Remember, a half version of you is not enough. The world needs the fullest version of you at play.
About Rita Hyland
With over 20 years of experience as an executive and leadership coach, Rita helps leaders — emerging and established — excel in corporate and entrepreneurial environments.
Rita believes if leaders were more clear about how transformation really works and more intentional about creating what they want, their impact, success, and influence in the world would be unstoppable.
Through her coaching programs, private coaching, and masterminds, Rita shows leaders how to win consistently and create the impact and legacy they desire.
Central to Rita’s work is the understanding that you will never outperform your current programming, no matter how strong your willpower.
When you learn to use Rita’s proprietary Neuroleadership Growth Code, a technology which uses the best of neuroscience and transformational psychology to hit the brain’s buttons for change, YOU become both the solution and the strategy.
Her mission is to end talented, hard-working, and self-aware leaders spending another day stuck in self-doubt or confusion and not contributing their brilliant work and talent the world so desperately needs.